Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:grajosen
Subject:Spectool compile failure
Date:03:41:09 21/06/2016

Hi,

I'm new to the Forum, Spectools and Linux. So, hope I'm in the right place and doing the right thing!

I've been struggling with some issues for a couple of days and I hope someone might be able to help just get Spectool working with my Ubertooth One. Sorry about the long winded description, but trust it gives the info needed.

Running Linux 2016 Kali GNU/Linux Rolling 64-bit
Have downloaded and installed Spectools 2016-01-R1 for use with Ubertooth One
Ubertooth One installed and built - all lights on indicate device working and and able to packet capture successfully in other modes.
Have downloaded and installed all required libs noted in Spectools README and elsewhere suggested on searching for my problem via Web.

The problem is, no matter what I try, I get compile error:

spectool_gtk_channel.o: In function `spectool_channel_draw':
/root/spectools-2016-01-R1/spectool_gtk_channel.c:124: undefined reference to `hsv_to_rgb'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:59: recipe for target 'spectool_gtk' failed
make: *** [spectool_gtk] Error 1

I've re-tried various config settings:
(a) ./configure - complains about missing cairo.h
(b) CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/cairo ./configure as a suggestion to clear warnings

In all cases, "make" then fails consistently with same issue above. I've tried installing gcc and g++ version 4.9 (there was a suggestion that the earlier version of the compiler might work) and passed those specifics to the config via CC=gcc-4.9 CXX=g++-4.9 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/cairo ./configure

Still unsuccessful. Please may I thank you in advance for any help / suggestions I could try.

Graham

Reply to this message