Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:dragorn
Subject:rtl8192cu support hacked in androidpcap
Date:14:53:08 16/07/2013

> Hello all,
> There are also some problems on the Android side, e.g when my Nexus 7 goes to sleep with the rtl8192cu dongle attached to the OTG cable, the tablet occasionally hangs, it needs to be powered on manually with the OTG cable disconnected. I don't know if that can be fixed though. Also my code is an ugly mess right now, so apart from the unfinished features, I need to clean it up from wtf crap.
>
> Are you interested in having rtl8192cu support in your project? I can send you the class file once ready.
>
> BTW I intend to start my own wifi frame capture / frame injection project for android that is able to collect handshakes, save them to hccap format, eventually "try" some small dictionary files locally, etc. May I borrow some ideas from your project? I like the libpcap JNI calls idea (though the pcap format is not that complex, I think that even this can relatively easy be done in pure java code).

Absolutely; drop me an email at dragorn@kismetwireless.net

Something I've been meaning to add that will help, somewhat, is holding a wakelock so the device doesn't go to sleep during operation. There's also some simplifications that can be made to the android code that might make things a little more resilient.

It may make sense to try to combine the programs, if you're interested in doing so - definitely they'll have a lot of common codebase so long as your stuff is GPL compatible (which is an absolute requirement since the driver code comes from the kernel, at least the 8187 code does).

A long-term goal is to plug Kismet into the backend of the capture stuff as well; it might be very interesting to get a Kismet plugin going that logs hccap, and probably not too hard. Ping me on email or swing by #kismet on irc.freenode.net

Reply to this message