Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:dragorn
Subject:On-the-fly PPI-processing
Date:14:22:08 29/05/2013

> Hi@all,
>
> is there a possibility to process the PPI-header on the fly while capturing pakets from multiple drones?
> As the tap interface doesn't provide this header, there is only the possibility to get those data by processing the *.pcapdump file, right? I read, that there was the possibility in the past to get this header by a fifo named pipe but this feature was removed long ago.
> My aim is to get somthing like this after processing:
>
> [Sender-Mac];[CaptureDroneName e.g. Drone1];RSSI-Value1;RSSI-Value2;...;RSSI-ValueN;
>
> The problem is that this processing should be an on going process without interruption like:
> Kismet_start -> wait some time-> kismet stop -> processing -> delete old pcapfile-> kismet start -> wait some time -> kismet stop -> processing -> and so on ...
>
> The problem with this basic approach is that the pcap file will grow unlimited as long as the kismet_server runs; but I don't need the package data anymore after processing...
>
> I need this data for a RSSI based localisation system.

You could modify tuntap to export a PPI header, just set the DLT properly. It would be a bit broken in terms of network device, but it'd work.

Reply to this message