Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:shutin
Subject:Please Help Me Install/Configure Kismet on Macbook Pro
Date:02:17:41 15/05/2013

> > Hello everyone. I am having problems understanding the quick start directions in the documentation page. I really would be greatfull if someone could give me detailed step by step instructions on how to install and configure kismet on a 2012 macbook pro running Mountain Lion. I have Xcode installed, I went into Xcode preferences and installed command line tools. Any svn command I try does not work, it -bash. Can someone please help me out, I am even willing to pay you for your time.
>
> For the latest development code, use Git, not svn. The URLs and commands are on the download page.
>
> I don't know what "does not work, -bash" means; the basic procedure would be to do git clone, then ./configure and make. You probably want the latest release vs development code at the moment.

I just installed kismet on my macbook running mountain lion. Here's the steps I used. First, download the current version from the downloads page. Don't bother with git. Get the *.xz file. From your home directory (cd ~)

cd Downloads/
unxz kismet-2013-03-R1b.tar.xz
tar -xvf kismet-2013-03-R1b.tar
cd kismet-2013-03-R1b/
./configure
make dep
make
sudo make install #<-- note the sudo here! It will fail if you don't.
cd ..
cd ..
mkdir pcaps
cd pcaps/
sudo kismet

When you need to add a source, use "en1". Don't be shocked that you just lost internet connectivity since you just put your AirCard into monitor mode for kismet.

God I love kismet. Please direct your beer money to dragorn.

Reply to this message