Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:dragorn
Subject:Kismet under Android
Date:14:17:02 24/04/2013

> > I used an ubuntu chroot for that experiment.
> I run a custom ROM myself (Cyanogenmod) and I've been sticking to building everything from the source tree directly. It handles a lot of the mess of getting cross-compiled libraries working (like ncurses, libnl & libpcap). The problem with not using NDK directly and building via the source tree is that everything needs it's own file..

You mean not using the android system builder. Yeah, it's a pain, but expecting people to roll their own rom isn't really reasonable, either. The immaturity of the whole android build process/tool chain has really slowed down my interest in trying to get it ported, plus distributing something which requires root just makes me really twitchy.

> If you could pass along the older I can see if I can fix it up for the most recent version. I hope to ultimately write an article on all this since, though it's getting way better, cross compiling in general is often still regarded as a 'dark art' by many heh

I don't know if I have it handy still but I'll look; it was for an older version.

Reply to this message