Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:dragorn
Subject:Kismet under Android
Date:14:17:02 24/04/2013

> > I used an ubuntu chroot for that experiment.
>
> I run a custom ROM myself (Cyanogenmod) and I've been sticking to building everything from the source tree directly. It handles a lot of the mess of getting cross-compiled libraries working (like ncurses, libnl & libpcap). The problem with not using NDK directly and building via the source tree is that everything needs it's own Android.mk file..

You mean not using the android system builder. Yeah, it's a pain, but expecting people to roll their own rom isn't really reasonable, either. The immaturity of the whole android build process/tool chain has really slowed down my interest in trying to get it ported, plus distributing something which requires root just makes me really twitchy.

>
> If you could pass along the older Android.mk I can see if I can fix it up for the most recent version. I hope to ultimately write an article on all this since, though it's getting way better, cross compiling in general is often still regarded as a 'dark art' by many heh

I don't know if I have it handy still but I'll look; it was for an older version.

Reply to this message