Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:Northernalpine
Subject:Automating Kismet Functions on Boot
Date:21:09:28 16/01/2013

> > I am looking to automate Kismet from boot on a Raspberry Pi (Raspbian 2012-12-16), have incorporated into init.d and have it starting on boot, but specifically...I have not been able to find a way to get around the windows when Kismet starts up (Start Server, etc). I disabled all of the windows in Kismet>Preferences, but it doesn't run like it should. I am looking to have peripherals (RTL8187/BU-353) plugged in, connect power and go.
> >
> >
> > Is there a way to auto-acknowledge the windows and have it go straight into collection/logging without physically interacting with keyboard/mouse?
>
> Don't run kismet client if you want a headless system - you can just do kismet_server + whatever options you want. --daemonize will auto-background it for you too.

Thank you! Did some test runs at the shop and it ran as hoped minus feedback from GPSD.

While I watched the log, I didn't see anything regarding GPSD, will this run normally or does this need to be specified? If it needs to be named as an option, can you point me towards an example.

I have read the README file again but don't know which file to put the kismet_server options in.

Thank you again.

Reply to this message