Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:dragorn
Subject:Polling/Recording rate
Date:17:20:17 07/10/2012

> I'm looking for a way to record new data with Kismet for a specific BSSID given a specific interval. So, for example: Kismet locates a network 00:11:22:33:44:55 and records the (given a working GPSD) lat/lon/signal strength. Is it possible to have Kismet record this info as normal, and then after a specific interval record new info? So that assuming one specific network, you could record varying information over time as you move from one location to another?

Currently no, but something very like that is on my list, I just haven't figured out how to best handle it (and best communicate it between the server and the client).

My current path of thought is that you can define in the configuration a "quiet duration" and something like a location gap. If a device doesn't transmit for the quiet duration, or if it isn't seen w/in the location gap if GPS is enabled, then a new block of data is created for it.

Under this model I'd probably track # of packets per segment, and location, and maybe signal extremes, but track the rest as a single entity.

I haven't fully fleshed out the idea in my mind yet.

Reply to this message