Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:dragorn
Subject:Question concerning merging netxml and gpsxml into a KMZ file
Date:00:17:01 10/06/2012

> Through my googling and reading I have got this imformation which I presume will be my next step. Info at: http://nst.sourceforge.net/nst/docs/scripts/nstkismet.html
>
> "You can use this script to merge the information from the "netxml" file and corresponding "gpsxml" file into a single KMZ file which can be loaded into applications like Google Earth" (I will be using Google Maps)
>
> Question 1
> Question 2
> Question 3

These seem specific to nstkismet- I've never seen that one so I don't know.

>
> Question 4
> If you can just point me in the right direction on this one. (A friend of mine has already tried putting them up on a Google Map with pointers. It all works and pointers show the amount of networks with different colored pins showing WEP and WPA etc. He is now on a long vacation and I have no knowledge of how he did it. Just that I have seen it work). The problem we encountered was the unsecured networks. There where just to many of them. I am guessing some are networks, because they have names. Others I am guessing are basestations, computers etc. Is there a way, website or other, where I can at least deduct some of these, since this is the part where my statistics can really get screwed and I end up with a rapport which is way off.

if it's in netxml as an AP, it's either an AP or an ad-hoc network. Clients are tracked, but indicated as clients.

In the gpsxml, you need to correlate the source with the netxml to determine what sort of device it is.

HTH,

Reply to this message