Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:dom123
Subject:Signal Strength
Date:08:12:15 03/05/2012

> > > Hi there
> > >
> > > Using kismet newcore, is there a way to get the signal strength of an access point as discovered/seen by each drone? In the netxml I am seeing signal strength of the access point (or client) but can't seem to determine which drone determined that signal strength.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > Just to provide a bit more info :) this is when running multiple drones using AR9xxx chips. All drones are using the same configuration. Version is kismet-2010-07-R1.
> >
> > At present the <snr-info>...</snr-info> is inside the <wireless-network> and <wireless-client> XML blocks, but need it on a per drone basis (within <seen-card> I guess).
> >
> > Can you offer any guidance on how to achieve this please? Happy to get my hands dirty with code changes, but would prefer not to if this is already possible somehow.
>
> This currently isn't tracked per source, though frequency ranges are.
>
> I'd definitely pull the latest SVN since that code has changed drastically to support phy-neutral.
>
> The section you want to update should be in devicetracker.(cc,h), there's already a seenby-source tracked struct, you could add it in there.
>
> You'll need to update the network protocol, xml, xsd, etc too to be complete.

Thanks for the reply and pointers.

Being lazy now I expect as the info may be elsewhere, but in case I can't find it, is the new phy neutral codebase a) stable and b) compatible with earlier drone versions?

Reply to this message