Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:arvindt
Subject:Debugging "PCAP radiotap converter got corrupted Radiotap header length"
Date:20:15:58 07/04/2012

Thanks dragorn.. I'll check out lorcon.

I suspect it might be some endian-ness issue with my packet formatting on MIPS.

> > Hi all,
> >
>
> > I ran this program trying to send a data packet to the other computer via the mon0 interface while keeping kismet-server running in the background on mon0. It appears to see the packet each time, but thinks its wrongly formatted, giving me the following error:
> >
> > "PCAP radiotap converter got corrupted Radiotap header length"
> >
> > It would appear I'm not formatting my raw packet correctly, but I can't see where I'm going wrong (the C code I'm using dumps out packets that appear to adhere to the radiotap and 802.11 format, which I've verified by doing a hex dump of the packets).
> >
> > Any ideas what the problem might be, or if there is a way to use kismet to get further insight? Should I be using the mon0 interface to send raw WiFi packets, or some other "raw" version of the interface?
>
> Short answer - use lorcon? It's meant to handle all of that.
>
> Long answer, I don't have the time to go through your radiotap header generation right now. When you write packets via a raw socket they show up to other monitoring interfaces; while kismet should handle it fine, either your header is corrupt, or so minimal that kismet is throwing it out because it doesn't make sense.
>
> I'd try putting it through wireshark and checking more closely, or using lorcon.

Reply to this message