Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:laserpad
Subject:Some newbie Questions
Date:22:01:34 01/02/2012

> >
> > What version of Openwrt? I tried the latest one but for my Atheros chipset, I've had the best results when using 10.03.1-rc3. Also, what's your source line look like? mine's
> > ncsource=wlan0:type=ath9k,hop=false,channel=5,forcevap=false
> >
> > I had issues with vap creation on my device and had to install some additional packages (TUN/TAP) for it to work, but just disabling it made it work instantly for me.
>
>
> Hi,
>
> thanks for this tip. I adopted my line from
>
> ncsource=mon.wlan0:name=atheros,hop=false,channel=10
>
> to
>
> ncsource=mon.wlan0:type=ath9k,hop=false,channel=10,forcevap=false
>
> and this made the ERROR disappear.
> Meanwhile I found out, that everything was already there (so to say that the error did not really corrupt anything) and it is indeed a manner of
> "filtering" the dump, to get all the infos I need.... still learning...
>
> What I noe still would like to now...
>
> How can I filter the SignalStrength and SNR from ANY client around from the pcapdumpfile?
> Is there another way of gathering the data in realtime than tcpdumping the
> file asynchronously?
> How can I get all the client infos into the XML (Kismet.netxml) file?
>
> How can I "sync" all drones, so that theiĀ“re timestamps are really synchronized,
> which is quite important for my purpose of localisation? Will using the same NTP Server (on the LAN) on all drones do the trick?
>
>
> thanks again,
> yves

I can also help you with your gathering realtime data problem. Try enabling the following options on your server to enable a virtual interface to be created there so you can see realtime traffic from it.

# Do we export packets over tun/tap virtual interfaces?
tuntap_export=true
# What virtual interface do we use
tuntap_device=kistap0

Reply to this message