Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:kaefert
Subject:Kismet drone on router Ubiquiti Bullet M
Date:15:43:10 05/10/2011

> > Hi there!
> >
> > Since I couldn't get the Kismet-Drone to talk with my Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 (see other post) I decided to try another router with another chipset.
> >
> > The Ubiquiti Bullet M does not crash upon running, but prints this error about once a second while running: "pcap radiotap converter got corrupted Radiotap header length"
>
> That's a curious thing. With the atheros which I think is in the ubnt bullet, it should be working pretty well.
>
> > And on the Client I can't see any networks, I only get statistics of how much which channels are used.
> >
> > btw. the channels list is also quite strange, this seems to be a mixture of channel numbers and frequencies (this is a 5ghz device) --> 36,40,44,48,52,56,60,64,5500,5520,5540,5560,5580,5600,5620,5640,5660,5680,5700
> >
>
> That's fairly normal; a lot of drivers report frequencies which aren't in the normal 5ghz allocation tables. Kismet doesn't care what it gets.
>
> I'd try running kismet_server on there and seeing what you get locally first. If you can get tcpdump on there, doing a dump of the monitor interface while kismet is running (tcpdump -s 0 -i wlan0mon -w /tmp/foo.pcap) and posting it somewhere would possibly help.

Hi there! Thanks for the quick answer!

I installed and ran the kismet_server on that router and strangly enough the kismet_server does see some networks unlike the drone. however, the "pcap radiotap converter got corrupted Radiotap header length" message also does get printed here at least once a second. How could this difference be explained? I mean the connection between the drone and my local client does work definitly, since I can see the same errors on the server-console of my client running on my netbook.

Reply to this message