Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:roker
Subject:no clients seen
Date:19:20:13 28/09/2011

So is this correct that i ever must first select the AP with arrow-keys before i can see any clients?
If this is the case, then it's definitly a UI-problem, because i can't select any APs with arrow-keys or with mouse. I tested it with a real terminal too (no gnome-emulated terminal), but it doesn't work too. So I'm thinking that it's no backtrack depending problem. Because you wrote that you can't reproduce this i will install kismet on my debian-partition. It will need a bit time but then I / we can see if the problem is the backtrack-OS.

Thanks for helping!

> > Thanks for helping!
> >
> > OK, i let my fingers away from iwconfig, but there are still no clients.
> > I am sure there is minimum one client at my own AP (my smartphone ^^).
> >
> > I looked around in the internet and saw in tutorials (etc...), that you must select the AP with arrow-keys. All this tutorials based on an older version of kismet, but in my version of kismet shipped with Backtrack 5 R1 i can't select any AP. I think i have this problem:
> >
> > http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/beginners-forum/383-backtrack4-final-kismet-problem.html?langid=3
> >
> > So i think the problem is the UI of kismet, not the device.
>
> If it says no clients seen, no clients have been seen.
>
> Can't replicate any problem using the UI. Don't know what/if anything backtrack has done to it.

Reply to this message