Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:Dutch
Subject:gpsd and kismet
Date:12:13:57 27/06/2011

> I was testing on 2.92 (lucid) but 2.94 (maverick) and 2.95 (natty) appear equally broken. I didn't see any change in behavior switching to the (pre-JSON) 2.89.

The behaviour doesn't exist when using a direct serial connection in Kismet, which correlates with your observed behaviour re JSON/Non-JSON behaviour. The problem exists in the gpsdclient.cc code. Whether it lays in the way GPSD submits data when there is a no-fix situation, or in the kismet gpsdclient.cc code, I'm not completely sure off yet.

I need to talk it over with dragorn, before doing more, as I believe a proper fix means rewriting that code severely, and/or going to use GPSD's libs access methods instead.
Dragorn has had issues with that road before, which is why using the gpsd API via the libs is disabled in the code. Need to hear from him what issues and in which versions it was in.

One of the great things about kismet over the years, is that it really hasn't demanded the use of any specific versions of non-dragorn developed code, including stuff like GPSD. I want to make sure that anything my meager contributions to his code can do, to keep it that way, is done.

Dutch

Reply to this message