Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:dom123
Subject:Source 'wlan0': channel get ioctl failed 22:Invalid argument
Date:09:33:54 13/05/2011

> > Hi
> >
> > I've compiled kismet-drone onto WP543 device - AR7130 CPU and AR9220 wireless chip, 2.6.32.27 kernel and kismet_drone is throwing the following error, though no FATAL messages.
> >
> > However is not identifying any networks.
> >
> > I am hoping i'm relatively close to getting this working.. just wondering if someone can help with this final error?
> >
>
> This is a non-error. Somewhere else something is going wrong.
>
> Make sure you're getting a monitor vap (wlan0mon by default)
> and that packets are coming in on it (tcpdump while kismet is running).
>
> If you ARE getting packets and kismet isn't doing anything with them, they may be in some way corrupt or misformed or just weirdly different - grab a pcap with tcpdump, and put it somewhere I can look at it, or email it to me (zip/gzip it)

Thank you again for the input. Not sure if you noticed but my prior thread was about broken packets. I couldnt fix it so have decided to see if building my own image and using a later version will work. I notice a thread elsewhere which involved a code change, so I can now apply that if needs be.

BTW the issue here, I embarrasingly had forgotten to attachs the antenna... all working now, though I am not sure if the corrupt packets are being allowed through or not yet. Will test.

Reply to this message