Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:mikryz
Subject:Spectools not working with latest Wi-SPY FW
Date:20:45:19 14/02/2011

> > > We just purchased a device from Wi-SPY to use it on our embedded device (Ubuntu 8.04). The code compiles and runs fine, but the GUI is not working. It detects the device and seems attempting to connect to it, but then it hangs in Device calibrating... status on all views.
> > >
> > > I contacted Wi-SPY, but they said they recently upgraded FW and it's not compatible yet with kismet tools. How can I resolve it? I can contribute my time if needed...
> >
> > I've got the latest spec from metageek, but i haven't had a chance to upgrade the firmware on my device yet to have a device to write against.
> >
> > I'll try to get to it this week, I was at shmoocon when the firmware changed and haven't caught up since.
>
> Try the latest spectools svn, it may work now, I don't have the device updated to actually test. V2 support added for DBX and 24x

Thank you! Though, I asked Metageek to ship me a device with an older FW, so that I could run it with existing software. Well, it didn't change much visually, but in the command line it prints this: "USB error: could not detach kernel driver from interface 0: No data available"

What's wrong? How can I make it working? I'm a software guy, so I don't mind to mess up with the code, if needed.

Reply to this message