Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:dragorn
Subject:Kismet results in realtime to MySQL database
Date:19:15:42 03/01/2011

> > > > I've often considered a sql output (probably to sqlite instead of a full mysql) but never gotten around to it.
> > >
> > > Many thanks Dragorn. What's your thoughts on one editing the source code in C++ to allow for a MySQL / SQL output? Would you advice me in looking at this or would it be a lot simpler just to look at doing it in Ruby?
> >
> > I think implementing it as a client would be a lot simpler for you. If you really want to do it in native code I'd say do it as a plugin, not as a direct source mod, since I'm not sure trying to get people to install mysql-dev would be great.
>
> Thanks again Dragorn. By the term "client", do you mean develop a new client in Ruby that will speak to the Kismet server, thereby negating the use of the current client? My knowledge of programming is limited (to say the least) :-(

Kismet supports any number (well, I think somewhere it's limited to like 10) of connections. Right now when you type 'kismet', you're launching the kismet client, which in turn brings up the server.

Other code can connect to it, get all the info the client displays now, and do whatever it wants with it. Ruby is one way to do this fairly simply, and there's some example code in the ruby/ directory.

So pretty much you'd run kismet as normal, and then run your sql logger, too.

Reply to this message