Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:dragorn
Subject:I can get Aircrack working but Kismet will not load. I read the documentation. Help please?
Date:03:14:57 27/07/2010

> I am using a wireless card with the rt2870sta drivers, it works just fine for aircrack. The device is named ra0 under ifconfig.
>
> I have been going through the documentation extensively for Kismet but I cannot seem to get it to work.
>
> Whenever I tried to load Kismet the first time it gave me an error about wlan0 or something similar saying no device found. I figured I needed to point it to my actual card named ra0 which is running on the rt2870sta driver.

The sta drivers generally do NOT work well, if at all. Strongly suggest you use the in-kernel drivers. They are known to work.

>
> First problem. The examples in the Kismet documentation all say "ncsource=" in the actual kismet.conf there is no "ncsource=" there is just "source=" I don't get it. If I put in "ncsource=" it shoots back an error saying No Packet source listed.

Your installed kismet is 2+ years out of date, and is very different from modern releases. Update it. If your distro decided to not update, you'll have to compile it yourself.

Reply to this message