Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:Mick410
Subject:Help needed Kismet AirPcap Windows XP
Date:13:18:04 03/07/2010

My logging works under Linux too, BackTrack, and I've used it for over a year before getting the AirPcap. I tried different variations of the logtemplate also and I made sure that I sent them to my home folder where Kismet is already dropping config files.

> > Can I ask if your logs are saving? I have tried to point Kismet to Cygwin directories and Windows directories without any luck. On a new install, Kismet from CACE is supposed to save to the logs sub-folder of the Kismet install. Logs have never saved for me on 3 different machines, 2 XP and 1 Win7.
>
> They aren't. I didn't realize that until after I had posted my last entry, and I fought with it for about an hour before giving up for the day. I tried all of the "reasonable" things in kismet.conf like logprefix and logtemplate; I also checked the box in the configuration application. the logs folder is empty, as is my own folder pointed to by kismet.conf. Clearly we're missing something.
>
> Logging IS working in mu Linux installation. I noted in kismet.conf that I have the log folder entered directly into logtemplate, in lieu of %p. Whether that was done in ignorance or for some specific reason I don't remember, but it is working. FWIW I could not make the suiduser work in Linux, so I'm running as root.
>
> I'll post any breakthroughs here!
>
> Walt
>
>
> [SNIP]

Reply to this message