> > > > --------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > your cygwin/ncurses install is somehow broken
> > >
> > > -m
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Originally I did not have Cygwin installed. After running the Kismet installer and getting the error messages (Wireshark had been installed previously), I installed Cygwin from their website, but it did not change anything.
> >
> > I will try again to start from a "clean slate" - remove Kismet, Wireshark and Cygwin and then install fresh.
> >
> > Walt
> I know a cygwin install, with devtools, libcurses, etc, and the latest kismet svn builds & runs fine with airpcap - just got tests with that complete.
> I'll talk to Loris about redoing the exe installer they built, but I believe he's about to expand his family and is likely distracted at the moment.

FWIW I repeated the procedure on a Windows 7 machine - installed the AirPcap drivers, then Kismet, and got the same result as I had on the XP machine. There is no separate install of Cygwin there, and there is a copy of Wireshark.

I have version 2010-01-R1 running on Linux but I really want to be able to use it with AirPcap. Is there a manual installation procedure for Windows? I couldn't find one on the Cace website.

Reply to this message