Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:roundqube
Subject:4.9Ghz Ubiquiti SR4C
Date:06:40:49 15/06/2010

I have madwifi drivers working with the ubiquiti HAL where I can control the channel bandwidth:

5Mhz value 2 into /proc/sys/dev/wifi0/cwidth
10Mhz value 1 into /proc/sys/dev/wifi0/cwidth
20Mhz value 0 into /proc/sys/dev/wifi0/cwidth

I'm running 2009-Newcore

My kismet source is ncsource=wifi0:type=madwifi,hop=true,channellist=49ghz

channellist=49ghz:5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,60,65,70,75,80,85,90,95

Now here's my issue. When I have my card set to 20 Mhz channels and I load up Kismet, it captures on kis0 and I can see my network. However, when I change to 5Mhz or 10Mhz, I cannot see anything in the interface YET Kismet shows packet increases when I have my AP on the specific channel I am trying to scan/capture for. For example, when I change channel to 10 on my AP when entering the value '2' in my cwidth (to monitor 5Mhz wide channels), I can see my packet numbers stop immediately so Kismet is aware that something has happenned.

Now, when I set the AP back to 5, packets begin to increase again each time it goes through my 5,10,15, etc...

Also note that when I create a managed VAP (ath0) and run iwlist ath0 scan... I can see my SSID and the channel plus RSSI (dBm). Even when changing channels, immediately running the commandline scan afterwards shows the changes.

Is this a Kismet issue? I've tried latest SVN and kismet-old with similar results. I understand the packages I am using are old, but I once did have this setup working but have since lost documentation and need to get it working once again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

System:
Ubuntu 7.1 (only because the ubiquiti radio driver - HAL - compiles under this version of ubuntu)
Madwifi Drivers - madwifi-dfs-r3319-20080201
Ubiquiti HAL - 0.7.379

Reply to this message