Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:yoyoma
Subject:macbook pro/snow leopard compile issue
Date:04:00:55 22/12/2009

> > >
> > > #include <signal.h> in plugintracker.cc gave me no love ... no worries ... kismet runs fine on other machines and os'es i'm using, just wanted to give it try on snow leopard ... i'll wait a few days or weeks and try another svn pull ...thanks for the quick reply.
> >
> > Change sighandler_t to sig_t in plugintracker and kis_panel_frontend, or update to the latest svn which I'll be committing momentarily.
> >
> > Looks like sighandler_t is a linuxism, but linux also defines sig_t, which osx uses, so that's a nice common solution.
> >
> > -m
>
> thankyou so much. I have leopard 10.5.8 -- these fixes worked great for me as I had the same errors.

finally circled back to this ... fyi ... snow leopard 10.6.2 on a macbook pro ('bout three years old fwiw) ... pulled revision 2986 via svn ... compile and make went fine ... popped "ncsource=en1:name=en1" into /usr/local/etc/kismet.conf, sudo ifconfig en1 up and sudo kismet ... seems like the issue of trying to change channels on the interface (mentioned in earlier forum posts for snow leopard) is happening:

INFO: Resuming Darwin source en1...
ERROR: Darwin source en1: Failed to set channel 1: The operation couldnt be completed. (APPLE80211_ERROR_DOMAIN error -3900.) ERROR: Attempting to reset Darwin source en1, will resume channel hopping once reset is complete. INFO: Resuming Darwin source en1... ERROR: Darwin source en1: Failed to set channel 157: The operation couldnt be completed. (APPLE80211_ERROR_DOMAIN error -3900.)

so on and so forth ad nauseum ... i gather the issue is with apple doing what they want and not bothering to either remain consistent or informative ... or both

job'ed by steve again ... oh well ... i'll stick with my trusty openbsd lapper for this sort of chicanery

Reply to this message