Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:andre
Subject:Kismet-2009-11-R1 on the N900
Date:23:32:56 18/12/2009

> hi,
> i'm trying to port kismet and gpsd to the n900. both compiled well and are working for their own, but as soon as i start the kismet_server the gpsd device paired to the n900 loses his connection.
>
> There is a blue light on the gps receiver (a navilink bt-359 -they are sold under a diffent vendor name in the states) that indicates the bluetooth status on the device i.e. slow blinking for no connection and faster blinking for an established one.
>
> normally, i use a little shellscipt to pair the device and start kismet:
>
> "rfcomm bind /dev/rfcomm0 00:de:ad:be:ef:00 && sleep 15 & gpsd /dev/rfcomm0 & kismet" (this works for me on the nokia 770)
>
> when the kismet-server gets started, the blue light flashes for 2-3 seconds (way longer than normal), then stops blinking for 4-5 seconds (also way longer than normal) and then it indicates no connection. if i try to start gpsd with the -b switch for a read only connection, it only stops blinking for 4-5 seconds, but also loses the rfcomm connection. gpsd runs fine but lost the connection to the device-link. i checked this with a telnet connection to the gpsd. I've also tried to fiddle around in the kismet.conf i.e. changing the "gpsmodelock" and "gpsreconnect" values, but nothing solved the problem.
>
>
>
> This is reproducable with different versions of kismet and gpsd:
>
> kismet-2009-11-r1
> kismet-2009-06-r1
> gpsd-2.90
> gpsd-2.39
>
> any idea how to fix this?
>
> greetings from germany
> andrè

hm... i just tried an "airodump-ng -gpsd bla" and it's behaving the same way... looks like the bluez-hcidump delivered with maemo5 is the problem

Reply to this message