Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:reddiepenguin
Subject:Kismet & Password Capturing
Date:08:44:39 26/11/2009

> > > I must be missing something important, because I disabled channelhop by setting it to false and I also put Ch 6 in for "source" so that it goes only on 6.
> > >
> > > It seems to capture passwords well and can somewhat pick up the "Directory Listing" that Apache gives, but it never seems to capture the moment passwords are given, and I'm 100% not using any type of encryption.
> >
> > Maybe your drivers suck and don't report all packages.
> >
> > Kismet doesn't do any sort of filtering, so unless the packets are not being reported by the drivers, or are mangled beyond being identifiable as 802.11, they'll show up.
> >
> > -m
>
> I will have to look in to it, I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 with b43, which seems to work in Kismet fairly well.
>
> I will have to keep on playing around with it to see what's going on, but like you said, it should be seeing the said packets.

I decided to try it again to see debug it and see what I could be doing wrong and this time it did definitely pick up my test username and password.

I don't know if it accidentally missed it before or what, but it definitely got it this time.

I'm going to check my previous dump files to make sure I didn't just not see the correct area in Wireshark.

Reply to this message