Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:reddiepenguin
Subject:N810 timing out after 3 hours with newer 2009 version
Date:05:08:36 24/11/2009

Well it looks like that's still the case, which would be a bummer for me because I plan on getting an SD card so I don't keep almost running out of space.

I think for now, I'm going to be using Kismet on my laptop when I wish to use it, because it just seems way too much hassle to productively use it on the Nokia.

I think by the time you work out all the bugs, eventually you don't care about the software anymore, LoL.

> > > > EDIT: I found out Kismet can't be restarts and the whole device seems to need to be rebooted.
> > >
> > > That's the drivers falling over and dying.
> > >
> > > I've found the nokia platforms to be completely unreliable, unfortunately.
> > >
> > > If you turn off wifi scanning in the nokia control panel, it seems to help things.
> > >
> > > -m
> >
> > That is what I did, so I guess there is no way around this really at all?
> >
> > Any idea if I use the stl45cx, drivers? (I think I got the name right.)
>
> I've never gotten them working so I don't know - last time I saw them, they required a custom kernel that couldn't access things like the SD card. Is this no longer the case?
>
> They're mac80211 based, so Kismet should autodetect them as nl80211 controlled and "do the right thing" w/out additional work, if you do get them installed. I'd be curious to know what happens.
>
> -m

Reply to this message