Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:eyanez111
Subject:Problems compiling KISMET on Ubuntu 9.04
Date:18:19:25 12/11/2009

> > I am installing kismet in Ubuntu 9.04 desktop with 2.6.28-16-generic kernel and following the documentation quick start i did the ./configure command on the directory that I downloaded kismet. The problem comes when I do make it does not work so I check the messages that I got when I ran the ./configure it appears this:
> >
> >
> > configure: error: Failed to find libcurses or libncurses. Install them or disable building the Kismet client with --disable-client. Disabling the client is probably not something you want to do normally.
> >
> >
> > I have looked libcurses all over the net and look with apt-get repository app and the sypnatic packet manager and nothing... can any one help me find what I am missing so I can run kismet on my laptop??
> >
>
> As the readme says, you need to install the -dev/-devel packages of the libraries, whatever ubuntu calls them.
>
> -m

how can I call them because I am doing apt-get install libcurses and nothing... also I am looking for those on the net and I do not find them... or do you have the actual name of those development packets

Reply to this message