Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:JethrynFreyman
Subject:Trouble on OS X
Date:23:09:22 03/10/2009

> > OS X 10.5.8. Just upgraded to the latest version of Kismet.
> >
> > Managed to get Kismet working by updating my kismet.conf file.
> >
> > Unfortunately I have Kismet using the dark grey text so I can't see a lot of text. How do I stop kismet from using dark grey?
>
> Kismet asks you the first time it starts up if you can see the text. If you answer yes, it will configure itself accordingly.
>
> You can either remove ~/.kismet/kismet_ui.conf and let it start again, or manually edit the colors in that file.
>
> >
> > The more serious problem I am having is that I can't select buttons (for example, if I get a Yes/No dialogue box, I can't use the arrows to select between the options, all I can do it hit return to select whatever Kismet has selected by default.)
>
> That's because you use 'tab' not arrows (since some widgets need the arrow key, it can't be used to move between widgets)
>
> >
> > I also have to go into the menu to do things, instead of being able to use the hotkeys.
> >
>
> The hotkeys are the highlighted letters on the menu, you use them like normal menu shortcuts (ie, ~-K-Q to quit). The old mystery letters that everyone complained about are gone, now they complain that it uses documented keys.
>
> -m

Thanks!

Reply to this message