Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:pinnoccio
Subject:Dragorn Great Job on latest - Quick Drone Question
Date:17:44:34 03/10/2009

> > Dragorn
> >
> > Firstly can I say thanks on a great job on the latest release, I have now managed to configure and setup my detectors the way I want, data is getting dumped back to the server and displayed correctly.
> >
> > I have one question though, I realise that each server session sets up a unique UUID to the drones and in the console the 'seen by' shows drone correctly, however is there any way that I could get the specific drone identified in the console screen?
> >
>
> So the problem is that the remote source is identified but not the drone?
>
> I'll think on it - if I just modified the source name to reference the parent drone, would that be sufficient for your needs?
>
> -m

I'm not sure what you mean by parent drone, so I'll explain what I'm trying to do to hopefully clarify it.

Let's say I have 10 drones set up different offices, these drones are named Drone1, Drone2....Drone10 in the servername= 'variable' in kismet_drone.conf.

These drones all report correctly back to the server sitting in the middle and any detection is currently reported in the server console screen as 'seen by' drone.

If one of your networks is getting 'probed' it would be very useful to immediately in the console screen identify which Drone and thereby which network, i.e. If it's Drone2 that is detecting the probe I will immediately know which network I should be checking.

As a further enhancement (and I realise this would be much more complicated) let's use an example of 10 Drones in the circle. If someone does a 'driveby' probe you would be able to see from the order the Drones were 'hit' where the person started the probe and where they ended it.

I hope this makes sense and gives you a better idea of what would be a great extra feature.

Keep up the good work.

Reply to this message