Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:youknowwho
Subject:LORCON plugin for kismet-newcore
Date:00:13:40 12/08/2009

Hi. Would this be the correct place to post a problem concerning the compilation of the LORCON plugin for Kismet-newcore?
I am unable to compile the plugin with the current SVN of kismet-newcore. I was unable to open a ticket on the lorcon website, so I am asking about it here, but this maybe a lorcon plugin problem, or a kismet-newcore problem, so I am uncertain. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum in which to post this inquiry. The errors during compilation are as follows:

##############################################################################

MYHOSTNAME:/tmp/km/kismet-devel/kismet-lorcon # gmake
g++ -I/usr/include -I../ -g -fPIC -c packetsource_lorcon.cc -o packetsource_lorcon.o
In file included from packetsource_lorcon.cc:29:
packetsource_lorcon.h: In member function ‘virtual KisPacketSource* PacketSource_Lorcon::CreateSource(GlobalRegistry*, std::string, std::string, std::string)’:
packetsource_lorcon.h:43: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type ‘PacketSource_Lorcon’
packetsource_lorcon.h:28: note: because the following virtual functions are pure within ‘PacketSource_Lorcon’:
../kismet/packetsource_pcap.h:182: note: virtual KisPacketSource* PacketSource_Pcap::CreateSource(GlobalRegistry*, std::string, std::vector<opt_pair, std::allocator<opt_pair> >*)
packetsource_lorcon.cc: In constructor ‘PacketSource_Lorcon::PacketSource_Lorcon(GlobalRegistry*, std::string, std::string, std::string)’:
packetsource_lorcon.cc:37: error: no matching function for call to ‘PacketSource_Pcap::PacketSource_Pcap(GlobalRegistry*&, std::string&, std::string&, std::string&)’
../kismet/packetsource_pcap.h:188: note: candidates are: PacketSource_Pcap::PacketSource_Pcap(GlobalRegistry*, std::string, std::vector<opt_pair, std::allocator<opt_pair> >*)
../kismet/packetsource_pcap.h:175: note: PacketSource_Pcap::PacketSource_Pcap(GlobalRegistry*)
../kismet/packetsource_pcap.h:170: note: PacketSource_Pcap::PacketSource_Pcap()
../kismet/packetsource_pcap.h:168: note: PacketSource_Pcap::PacketSource_Pcap(const PacketSource_Pcap&)
packetsource_lorcon.cc: In member function ‘virtual int PacketSource_Lorcon::RegisterSources(Packetsourcetracker*)’:
packetsource_lorcon.cc:46: error: ‘class Packetsourcetracker’ has no member named ‘RegisterPacketsource’
packetsource_lorcon.cc: In member function ‘virtual int PacketSource_Lorcon::SetChannelSequence(std::vector<unsigned int, std::allocator<unsigned int> >)’:
packetsource_lorcon.cc:59: error: ‘SetChannelSequence’ is not a member of ‘PacketSource_Pcap’
gmake: *** [packetsource_lorcon.o] Error 1

##############################################################################

I am trying to compile this on openSUSE 11.1 with a recent kernel:

Linux MYHOSTNAME 2.6.27.23-0.1-pae #1 SMP 2009-05-26 17:02:05 -0400 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

The aircrack-ptw plugin that accompanies the checkout of the kismet-newcore SVN trunk compiles and installs fine.

The LORCON libraries installed fine with a couple of warnings:

checking for linux/nl80211.h... yes
checking linux/if_arp.h usability... no
checking linux/if_arp.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: linux/if_arp.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: linux/if_arp.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: linux/if_arp.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: linux/if_arp.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: linux/if_arp.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: linux/if_arp.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
checking for linux/if_arp.h... yes
checking linux/wireless.h usability... no
checking linux/wireless.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: linux/wireless.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: linux/wireless.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: linux/wireless.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: linux/wireless.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: linux/wireless.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: linux/wireless.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
checking for linux/wireless.h... yes

Despite the warnings, the library installed, but I cannot compile the plugin, per the above errors. Does anyone know what I should be doing, or where I should look to get this resolved? Thanks in advance!!

Reply to this message