Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:whisp3r
Subject:Kismet Source Problem?
Date:20:42:52 20/07/2009

> > > I recently put the new Kismet on, didn't like it for what I needed, and stripped it off. I installed the older version of Kismet back on, but when I try to run kismet, I get the following error:
> > >
> > > ERROR: Reading config file '//etc/kismet/kismet.conf': 2 (No such file or directory)
> > >
> > > I assume it's because there are one too many / before the etc? Where do I go on kismet to tell kismet where to look correctly?
> > >
> > > The .conf is in etc/kismet/kismet.conf.
> >
> > No. Any number of /s can be used in a path.
> >
> > Where configs are expected depends on how you (or your distro maintainer) compiled things.
> >
> > -m
>
> I see your point. Hrm. I'm confused as to what's happening then.
>
> When I do a 'locate kismet', amongst the many responses, I get:
> /etc/kismet
> /etc/kismet/ap_manuf
> /etc/kismet/client_manuf
> /etc/kismet/kismet.conf
> /etc/kismet/kismet_drone.conf
> /etc/kismet/kismet_ui.conf
> /home/andrew/.config/awn/custom-icons/sudo-kismet
> /home/andrew/.local/share/Trash/files/wep-01.kismet.csv
> /home/andrew/.local/share/Trash/files/wep-01.kismet.netxml
> /home/andrew/.local/share/Trash/info/wep-01.kismet.csv.trashinfo
> /home/andrew/.local/share/Trash/info/wep-01.kismet.netxml.trashinfo
>
>
> But when I go to /etc/kismet, none of those files are in it. I have tried apt-get removing, cleaning, purging, and reinstalling, and it doesn't drop those files in there. But locate says they're there. I'm confused (and fairly new to Linux). Can someone explain what might be happening? I'm using Ubuntu 9.04. Thank you.

Learning something new about Linux everyday. When I go do the locate -e, I find that the files truley do not exist. For some reason, apt-get isn't putting stuff into /etc/kismet like it's supposed too. Any thoughts? :(

Reply to this message