Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:thulldud
Subject:Startup segfault on Sabayon 4
Date:17:04:46 14/07/2009

> Looks like they don't understand what uclibc is. No-one should ever be dual-packaging uclibc and libc on a system, there's zero point to having both, and bad stuff will happen. Whoever made the sabayon package has no idea what they're doing.
>

In the course of researching this problem, I looked up the original developer's website, and found out exactly what uClibc++ actually is.

In a previous post, I mentioned that the lib came in when I loaded the Spritz-packaged kismet. While this is true of the 4.2 system, the first one I installed was 4.0, and that one seems to have loaded it by default. No way I am going through another wipe and reinstall (or actually two of them!) to confirm or disprove that statement.

> Definitely - uclibc is an alternate embedded libc implementation and has no business being dual-installed on a full system, and is by no means required by Kismet.
>

Count another satisfied (at last!) kismet user...I left it running on the dining room table overnight and this am it had found 17 networks! Until now I had known only of three in my neighborhood.

Regards,
SWP

Reply to this message