Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:poorbadger
Subject:2009-05-RC2 "Corrupted Radiotap header length"
Date:23:27:00 28/06/2009

Thanks for the quick response and information m.

I can get to 2.6.28 through straight Ubuntu upgrades and I believe BT4 is using the same kernel as it's now Ubuntu derived (I'm planning on installing BT4 on another machine).

Since the latest version of Kismet doesn't report fragmented packets, is there anything to look for through Wireshark in the pcap file to make sure everything is cleaned up? I can reinstall 2009-05-RC2 and just check for the errors there but it seems it would be useful to identify those types of problems either through the pcap file or through an error file that could be configured on/off (?)

Thanks again.

> > Just saw there's a 2009-06-R1 available so I'll d/l that and compile as soon as I get a chance - hopefully later this afternoon.
> >
> > While running 2009-05-RC2 I see an awful lot of error messages indicating...
> >
> > "pcap radiotap converter got corrupted Radiotap header length"
> >
> > This is running under Ubuntu 8.04 (2.6.24-24-generic) w/ an Intel 4965AGN internal card.
> >
> > Anything obvious to take a look at?
> >
> > I'll report back after I've got 2009-06-R1 running.
>
> It means you have broken drivers - 2.6.24 is absolutely ancient in terms of wifi drivers, I'm amazed they work at ALL in monitor mode. Upgrade to the latest kernel (2.6.30) and it will go away - your drivers are spewing invalid fragmented packets to Kismet, and Kismet is doing it's best to deal with them (which is more or less "throw them away and tell you they're broken"). There's nothing to debug - your drivers are old and busted.
>
> The latest Kismet release silences that error, but your drivers are still bad - in addition to reporting invalid packets, they're probably not reporting all packet types.
>
> -m

Reply to this message