Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:DarkWarior
Subject:"Error: Failed to find panel_plugin_init function in plugin /usr/local/lib/kismet_client/aircrack" in RC2
Date:01:12:22 31/05/2009

> > I recently upgraded from an old version of kismet to RC2. Everything has installed fine.
> >
> > First I found a bug, and a fix: the install script (make install) for the plugin-ptw installs it into /usr/local/lib/kismet/ while it should be kismet_client as that is where kismet looks for it. I simply did ln -s to create a link so they are both always updated.
>
> No, it isn't, and shouldn't. Kismet-PTW is a server plugin, not a client plugin, it should be installed to /usr/local/lib/lismet/ or ~/.kismet/plugins
>
> > No, my real question, I am getting "Error: Failed to find panel_plugin_init function in plugin /usr/local/lib/kismet_client/aircrack" with a brand new compile. I don't see anything that should be holding me back so I am looking for advice.
>
> You put a server plugin in the client plugin directory - it doesn't have the client plugin functions, since it isn't one, so it can't be loaded.
>
> Kismet-PTW is purely server-side. There is nothing to configure & no UI. Once it gets enough data, it tries. If it succeeds, you'll get an alert (and if you're running from SVN you'll get a network tag as well)
>
> -m

Thank you, I thought it would show up under plugin on the client side, and when it wasn't I was trying to get it to. Is there anything on the server side that says it has activated?

Reply to this message