Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:RS232C
Subject:GPS walking
Date:17:11:41 08/04/2009

> > I have a LT-40 that I am using with GPSd+kismet for the most part everything works right. though do to passing though an urban canyon or satalite signal loss my gps can sometimes walk in a random direction for up to a half a mile. Is there any way to filter this walking effect? My Kismet-Mmm-dd-yyy-x.gps log files only reports quality="0" for GP:SD:TR:AC:KL:OG regardless if it is walking or not... and the non track log entries have no gps quality fields.
> >
> > Is there any way I can fix this or filter this?
>
> Tracklog log of 0 means it will be ignored.
>
> Normal gps points should definitely have a quality field - fix="2" or fix="3", this is a non-optional part of the log so there should be any way to prevent it from logging.
>
> Gpsmap/Kismap attempt to screen bogus data out of the log by sifting points and looking for large gaps, but there isn't much that can be done if your feeding it bad but semi-plausible data.
>
> -m
Actually I am using php to read the log files and import them into a database. and I have done a lot of work with GPSes before and from what I understand and am seeing the "fix" field just tells me if I have altitude information or not. It does not tell me if my GPS is walking. Is there a way for kismet to record [PDOP|HDOP|VDOP] from the GSA string from the GPS? I really don't want to have to write another script to query this from GPSd while running kismet to merge the logs later as I am running this from an EeePC900.

Reply to this message