Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:stygianumbra
Subject:What capture interface for rndis_wlan?
Date:00:59:37 06/02/2009

> > I am running Ubuntu 8.10 with 2.6.27-11-generic x86_64 kernel. The usb module is a WUSB54GS v1.0. I had kismet(2008-05-R1) working with wlanng. Through trying to get drivers that support packet injection for aircrack and related utils I went to and got the "compat-wireless-2009-02-05". After compiling, installing, and loading it selected the rndis_wlan drivers. The wlanng driver is gone so I can't seem to revert and Kismet won't run with rdnis_wlan so I am now even worse off. Then I downloaded Kismet newcore, compiled and installed it. Now it gives me other errors I can't resolve(FATAL: Failed to add source 'null', thats with a ncsource and traditional source entry in kismet.conf). Does/will kismet support rndis_wlan?
> No. Kismet does not, can not, and will not, as the docs say.
> NDIS does not support sniffer mode.
> -m

Thanks I was unaware rndis was the same as a windows driver in ndiswrapper I thought it was something native that would be different. Now I just have to figure out why no other driver including the ones that are supposed to work with that module work and where the hell wlanng went.

Reply to this message