Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:frac82
Subject:NEWCORE & 802.11a CHANNEL_ID
Date:11:15:08 07/11/2008

> So you mean the 11a channel. This should be inherited from the rtap headers since 11a beacons don't advertise the channel, but I'll check.
> EDIT: Made sure beacons inherit the l1 channel when available and no channel defined in the beacon

ok... can we do something with this?

> Madwifi is lying then and putting the SNR in the dBM field of the rtap header, but I'll look when I need to reboot anyhow.
> EDIT: Confirmed, the radiotap code only takes DBM_ANTSIGNAL and DBM_ANTNOISE, it's ignoring any SNR fields and the DB_ANTSIGNAL/ANTNOISE fields, so I'm going to blame madwifi for putting the wrong values in on this one.

you probably understood that in this case above i was talking about "normal" Kismet and not about Newcore... :)
how can we know about news on this issue? should we look here or at MadWiFi site?

> Testing w/ other applications, unless they use rfmon and the radiotap headers, is irrelevant.

i just meant that "normal" Kismet couldn't show, as said before, a signal level of 20 dBm when other applications, under the same conditions, were showing 60 dBm and more...!?! it just wasn't right to consider that 20 expressed in dBm!

Reply to this message