Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:RNewman
Subject:Newcore Drone / Server Configuration - again
Date:13:38:38 26/08/2008

> > > > -------
> > > > Again, the standard server collection works and collection data without any issues. The problem comes in the drone configuration.
> > > >
> > > > Any help would be appreciated.
> > > > Thanks...Richard
> > >
> > > Works fine for me on multiple systems with multiple configs, no idea what you've done, sorry.
> > >
> > > You're doing something which either prevents data on port 2502 locally, or which is causing the drone server to lock up... The trace shows the standard syn/ack setup but no traffic after that.
> > >
> > > -m
> > I don't doubt that I've messed something up, because I can watch traffic with tcpdump on my wireless interface. Is there anyway to trace/debug what is happening in the drone?
>
> You can try running it in gdb and seeing where it is when you're trying to connect and see if it's gotten stuck somewhere...
>
> -m
Well, I not better off, but I believe that the problem lies in the drone configuration. I did run the kismet_drone through gdb and it appears to be running through the main program loop. However, the server never completely connects to the client.

The TCP connection get setup as seen via a trace/tcpdump (ie. SYN, SYN/ACK, ACK), but then there is no application communication. I believe, but can't find any conclusive evidence, that my problem is with the drone/server configuration.

My drone config contains:
dronelisten=tcp://0.0.0.0:2502
droneallowedhosts=127.0.0.1

source=ath5k,wlan0,wifi

My server config contains:
listen=tcp://0.0.0.0:2501
source=drone,tcp://127.0.0.1:2502,wifi

dronelisten=:tcp://0.0.0.0:3501
droneallowedhosts=127.0.0.1

Is there something that I'm missing?
What distro and version do you have working? I have two machines that I can rebuild without any problems.

Thanks, and sorry to be such a pain.
Richard

Reply to this message