Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:RNewman
Subject:Newcore Drone / Server Configuration
Date:12:02:59 06/08/2008

> > Hi all,
> > I have managed to get a stable wireless driver version and OS.
> > I have two wireless scanners running and they work fine as standalone systems. Now I would like to configure them as drones and report back to a central server.
> >
> > The kismet_drone.conf is fairly straight forward, and I believe that it is configured correctly as I see it acquire my wifi card and validate that it is monitor mode. It creates a kismet drone TCP server on port 2502 and starts to gather packets. After that there are no other messages, including a message that would indicate a server connected to it.
> >
> > In my server configuration I set up a source with drone,tcp://ipadd:2502,wifi1 - I'm hoping this is correct, but I'm not sure.
> >
> > Anyway, there seems to be very little documentation on how to setup the drone / server configuration. Anyone who has this setup and can point me in the right direction would be great!
>
> That's about all it should take.
>
> Make sure you're not firewalling, and that the drone is bound to a real IP, not loopback.
>
> -m

Okay, I've tried running all three on the same host to remove any network anomaly. Still no luck. There must be an issue in my drone config. Here it is:

# Kismet drone config file

version=newcore.1

# Name of drone server (informational)
servername=WLScanner2

# User to setid to (should be your normal user)
suiduser=wlscanner

# Drone configuration
# Protocol, interface, and port to listen on
dronelisten=tcp://0.0.0.0:2502
# Hosts allowed to connect, comma separated. May include netmasks.
# allowedhosts=127.0.0.1,10.10.10.0/255.255.255.0
allowedhosts=127.0.0.1,10.48.88.0/255.255.254.0
droneallowedhosts=127.0.0.1,10.48.88.0/255.255.254.0
# Maximum number of drone clients
dronemaxclients=5
droneringlen=65535

<snip>

-Richard

Reply to this message