Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:pshootr
Subject:ipw2200 injection patch issue
Date:19:44:08 21/01/2008

> > Ok, awhile back I Installed the ipw2200 1.2.2 drivers, and appropriate firmware. I had kismet working. Tonight I reinstalled the 1.2.2 drivers after patching them with the ipw220 1.2.2-injection.patch. And now when start kismet I get this message below. Could this be because the source ID has changed.
> > -----------------------
> > ~$ sudo kismet
> > Server options: none
> > Client options: none
> > Starting server...
> > Waiting for server to start before starting UI...
> > Suid priv-dropping disabled. This may not be secure.
> > No specific sources given to be enabled, all will be enabled.
> > Enabling channel hopping.
> > Enabling channel splitting.
> > Source 0 (wifi): Enabling monitor mode for ipw2200 source interface eth1 channel 6...
> > FATAL: Failed to set monitor mode: Invalid argument. This usually means your drivers either do not support monitor mode, or use a different mechanism for getting to it. Make sure you have a version of your drivers that support monitor mode, and consult the troubleshooting section of the README.
> > [1] + Done(1) ${BIN}/kismet_server --silent ${server}
>
> Pshootr, I was wondering if you could tell me if what distribution you are using? and if the intel wireless card worked the first time? I have an intel 3945 but i do not geet anything listed in IP range (0.0.0.0) and nothing under flags. Thanks.
I have ubuntu 7.10 gutsy Not to sure on kismet version, but I just got it a couple weeks ago. So what ever the newest release was then. Yes my ipw2200 works fine with kismet. Your results in the IP field and flags field will vary depending on the ap's you find.

Reply to this message