Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:paramisamadhi
Subject:configure:2308: error: C compiler cannot create executables
Date:00:25:56 14/01/2008

> > I said I'm new to linux, not retarded. I looked at all the previous threads. They offer no help to me. I pretty much knew someone was going to reply exactly as you did, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. On the "I'm new to linux" note, the link you provided me offers no explanation for a newbie.
>
> It is, however, accurate - what you need to install to be able to compile things depends on your distro. The best place to find that out would be your distros home page or forums. You still haven't said what distro you're running, either, so even if someone cared to duplicate the info, we have no idea what you're running.
>
> > I also tried installing via the Synaptic Package Manager, and everything goes fine until I run it and get some error saying that " Kismet will not function if no packet sources are defined in kismet.conf or on the command line." Then it tells me to look in the readme, and I can't find that either.
>
> Cleverly hidden under the documentation link above.
>
> -m

Clever indeed. It's funny, I was reading that pretty much as I typed that I couldn't find it. That's like locking your keys in the car, opening one door with a coat hanger, and proceeding to open the other doors with the coat hanger because those doors are of course still locked ...

Reply to this message