Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:my808
Subject:Kismet log files on OpenWRT
Date:11:16:33 05/07/2007

Hi Dutch,

Would you mind giving me a few tips or directions on how to setup my xp pc as Kismet server? Im going around in circles looking..

Thanks, Nico

> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Can you give me any tips on how to send the kismet log files to my notebook acting as a syslog server? My WRT54G running OpenWRT crashes once the memory fills up. I have searched everywhere but cant find any info at all. Maybe I am looking at the wrong option..
> >
> > Help?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Don't run kismet_server on the WRT. Run kismet_drone on the WRT, and a kismet_server on the laptop.
>
> If you insist on running kismet_server on the WRT, you need to provide some means for it to store the logfiles externally, or you will run out of memory PDQ - especially if you log dump or gps data.
>
> That can be done by hacking the WRT to attach a sd-card (google for the mod howto's), or by mounting external smb shares (google for the those howto's as well), and configuring the kismet_server to store logfiles there.
>
> There's no current way of letting kismet_server dump anything to an external syslog server.
>
> Dutch

Reply to this message