Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:rbutturini
Subject:Server crash-"terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
Date:22:24:41 21/04/2007

Sorry for the lack of info. I thought this might have been one of those "This always happens when..." errors.

Platform: Dell Latitude C840, P4 1.8Ghz, 256 MB RAM
Distro: Kubuntu 6.1 (Have not tried since upgrading to 7)
Wifi card used: Senao 2511 plus CD ext2
Driver used: HostAP
Kismet version: 2006.04.R1 build 20050815211952 (Installed from Ubuntu universe repo)
Problem seems to be isolated to this particular card.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have seen this error multiple times while wardriving with Kismet using a Prism capture source. It's followed by what(): St9bad_alloc. Then the server shuts down. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If more info is needed, I'm happy to provide.
> >
> > Russell
>
> When asking for help in debugging such errors, the more info you provide from the onset, the better. That would include stuff such as platform + specs, distro, WiFi card used, Driver used, kismet version, selfcompiled or from a package, whether you've tested it on another machine, and with another card, etc, etc.
>
> With the info that you deemed fit to include, the only thing one really can say is : Something is wrong somewhere.
>
> Remember, those that read your post, are not mindreaders, or able to psychically determine what you are using to run the software you need help with.
>
> Dutch

Reply to this message