Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:TomSchmitt
Subject:channel get ioctl failed 22:Invalid argument
Date:22:41:56 25/12/2006

Hi,

I use a pcipcmcia-wlan-card with a atheros-chip. I madwifi to use the card and its working fine.

Now I want to use kismet.

I installed kismet, edited the kismet.conf (put in my username and the line "source=madwifi_g,wifi0,cisco") and inserted the card. After a few moments I started kismet. What I got was the following:

$ kismet
Server options: none
Client options: none
Starting server...
Waiting for server to start before starting UI...
Suid priv-dropping disabled. This may not be secure.
Enabling channel hopping.
Enabling channel splitting.
Source 0 (cisco): Enabling monitor mode for madwifi_g source interface wifi0 channel 6...
WARNING: wifi0 appears to not accept the Madwifi-NG controls. Will attempt to configure it as a standard Madwifi-old interface. If you are using madwifi-ng, be sure to set the source interface to the wifiX control interface, NOT athX
FATAL: channel get ioctl failed 22:Invalid argument

And this is my problem. What does this messages mean and how can I avoid it? Google knows nothing about it.

I changed the line in the kismet.conf from wifi0 to ath0, but only to get another errormessage: FATAL: 'get_mode' does not return integer parameters.
So I changed it back to wifi0.

I tried "ifconfig ath0 down" before starting kismet (and the same with wifi0) but it didn't change anything.

Could anybody help me or give me a hint where to look for more knowledge about this error?

Thanks,
Tom.

Reply to this message