Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:Dutch
Subject:Some usefull programs
Date:10:15:18 20/12/2006

> Hi everyone!
>
> I wrote some programs that might be usefull to you!
> http://files.to/get/303791/9886/KismetToolSuite.tar.gz
>
> CSVViewer: analyzes Kismets .csv-files
> MergeCSV: merges multiple .csv-files to a single one, filtering duplicated APs
> MergeGPS: merges mutliple .gps-files to a single one
> MergeXML: merges multiple .xml-files to a single one, filtering duplicated APS
>
> for example:
> MergeCSV all.csv file1.csv file2.csv file3.csv
> MergeCSV all.csv `find -name "*.csv"`
>
> The second command merges all .csv-files in the current directory and all subdirectories and writes them to all.csv!
>
> Have fun with it!
> If you've any questions or found a bug please let me know ;)
>
> Nils

Nice work Nils, will the sourcecode be released ?

There are a few minor caveats with the logmergers :

MergeCSV and MergeXML doesn't update lat/lons. I.E. if the first file contains a network with an unknown lat/lon (90.000000/180.000000/-90.000000/-180.000000 pairs), and the same network is found with valid lat/lons in a latter file, the merged file will still contain the values indication an unknown lat/lon.

MergeCSV and MergeXML doesn't update values for found packets. It just takes the value from the first file. It ought to update the value by adding the values of that field with the values from the next file where the same network is logged.

MergeCSV and MergeXML doesn't update the LastSeen value, only taking it from the first detection of a network. It ought to update it with the LastSeen values from subsequent detections in the next files. Same with the detectionrun time values.

MergeXML doesn't add additional clients for a network, found in the next files. It only takes the clients detected for a network, from the first file the network is detected in.

MergeGPS doesn't amend the reference to the corresponding xml file, but just keeps the value from the first file.

Dutch

Reply to this message