Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:zion
Subject:problems with compiling kismet-devel.
Date:01:42:31 26/11/2006

> been using kismet for a while now.
> The latest svn revision of kismet-devel that compiles for me is 1888. in r1889 some changes to iwcontrol.cc were made that cause problems now. box is running slackware 11.0-stable, 2.6.18.2 + 3.4.6 gcc.
> the error im getting when running make:
>
> g++ -I/usr/include -O2 -Wall -DVERSION_MAJOR=\"2006\" -DVERSION_MINOR=\"04\" -DVERSION_TINY=\"R1\" -DTIMESTAMP=\"`cat TIMESTAMP`\" -g -O2 -O2 -march=i486 -mtune=i686 -Wall -pthread -c iwcontrol.cc -o iwcontrol.o
> iwcontrol.cc: In function `int Iwconfig_Set_Channel(const char*, int, char*)':
> iwcontrol.cc:522: error: 'struct iw_freq' has no member named 'flags'
> iwcontrol.cc:522: error: `IW_FREQ_FIXED' was not declared in this scope
> iwcontrol.cc:522: warning: unused variable 'IW_FREQ_FIXED'
> make: *** [iwcontrol.o] Error 1
>
> again, only get this error with r1889-r1893.
> I've read some other posts on other forums with exactly the same error on a similar setups, so I assume it's related to GCC. On the other hand, someone said that >r1889 actually compiles fine on his debian box.
>
> Your help is appreciated.

after looking in to this, i found /usr/include/wireless.h and /usr/include/linux/wireless.h to differ a lot.
so by looking at errors, i added member flag into iw_freq struct, and defined `IW_FREQ_FIXED' in /usr/include/linux/wireless.h
now it compiled fine, the only thing that bothers me is that this is a _really_ dirty fix.

Reply to this message