Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:aclinux
Subject:WiSpy running problem in FC3 & FC5
Date:11:53:45 18/08/2006

> Hi Dragorn,
>
> Thanks for your replies. As i still consider myself a linux newbie, can i find out the following from you:
>
> 1. when you say use with stock kernel, do you mean that if i install FC3 or FC5 and then subsequently upgrade with a "stock kernel" downloaded from somewhere, that it won't matter because FC3/5 have broken headers in that usb_fs.h file that you mentioned?
>

Yes, kernels installed (and or updated) by your distro.
And yes, sometimes FC developers forgot sincronize headers in the kernel-devel package.

> 2. are there any linux distributions, e.g. Mandriva, SUSE, which do not require LiveCD format (i.e. i want to have a permanent install on a HDD) that i can use which does not have this detach problem? Is there a list that you have which states which distros work out of the box with wispy and which do not?
>

Don't know (at the moment), I'm trying with FC5 stock kernel and 2.6.17.8 vanilla kernel and I can compile without problems wispy-tools, and with them I have the same error.

Perhaps, under FC distros, we need to configure anything to forbid the "hid" system to catch wispy device. But, at the moment, nobody send us any "workaround" or any "tick" to allow this.

Perhaps we need any "udev" rule, or any command to disable de hid system to catch the wispy device. I don't know the workaround and I'm very interested to know the correct procedure.

> Thanks for all your help. I'd love to be able to run your wispy package under a HDD-installed linux OS. :)

Reply to this message