Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:hiroru
Subject:Drone and channel hopping
Date:21:53:00 18/01/2006

> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using kismet on my debian/ibook and two drones on wrt54g.
> >
> > I have all working good, but now I want to optimize the drone system.
> >
> > I have some questions about channel hopping and connection with kismet_server, because I have channel hopping disabled on my drone's config, and use a script with wl tools for do that task.
> >
> > I have another linux box with two atheros pci interfaces making channel, mac and essid hopping every 2 second for try my drones. But I have the same result if I have channel hopping and split disable or enable on server config.
> >
> > What is the best (taking best as better performance for channel hopping) config for server and for drones to control channel hopping?
>
> Let kismet control channel hopping. In stable-devel, this is pretty opaque on the drones. In newcore, drone channel control can be done via the server as if they were local interfaces.
>
> For efficiency, you should let kismet control it because for most sources, Kismet issues IOCTL commands directly to change the channel, instead of requiring a process buildup and teardown like a shell script running a command requires.
>
> Kismet can also do sub-second timing, which a shell script can't do (easily).
>
> -m

Ok, I'll try to put new-core on wrt54g and on my ibook g3 to get more efficiency channel hopping.

Thanks!

Reply to this message