Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:mojojoeyjojo
Subject:GPSMap & plotted networks. Thoughts?
Date:19:29:22 17/01/2006

Is there an easy way to determine what networks are going to be plotted when you use gpsmap? The reason I'm asking is that my latest drive was for a site survey, and I ended up with 1448 networks. I've narrowed this down to a map and it will plot out a total of 319. I also have a report that is generated from the xml files of each individual network, comparable to klv.

Where I differed from that, is before anything else, I am overwritting the 'info' node content with a sequential number on the xml file, and base my map & report on that. i.e. I display the 'info' on gpsmap, and can easily look at my report, look up the network info number, and see it's details.

I could cut my report to 319 entries if I knew which ones would be plotted. I guess I'm wondering if the kismet xml file could include another field, say 'mapped', and gpsmap would update the raw xml as it processes it and set that field to 'true' or 'false' if the network is in fact going to be on the map.

Any thoughts? I haven't done much in the way of *nix programming, but I'd certainly like to help where I could. Or if there's an easier way to do this, I'm all ears.
~ Chris

Reply to this message