Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:cyprus
Subject:Need help again. : (
Date:07:11:44 03/01/2006

> > Either you aren't actually changing the file (ram copy or something), or you're editing the wrong file and kismet is looking somewhere else.
> >
> > Beyond that, I don't know anything about auditor installs to disk, but that error is pretty clear. One way or another, you're not editing the file kismet is loading.
> >
> > -m
>
> Well, I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled auditor, and now Kismet is working. It appears that there was an additional kismet.conf.in located with /usr/local/etc that I had to edit. Thanks for the help with that part. : )
>
> If only I could get my GPS to work.. I have a Pharos iGPS-360 and a Delorme Earthmate LT-20, both of which are supposed to work.I run gpsd, the gui comes up, I enter the port(/dev/ttyUSB0) and set the baud rate to 4800. It says the daemon is listening on 2947. Kismet succesfully connects to the GPSd server, but it doesn't seem to be getting any data from satellites. When I set it up with GPSDrive, and get everyhing set up in the preferences, it says "No GPS used."

Do you have sat lock when you are starting gpsd? If you are in side then your GPS unit will most likely not be able to get a lock. Most GPS pucks will not work unless they have a clear view of the sky.

Reply to this message